In this issue of the Journal, Murri et al.
1present results of their study developing Risk Prediction Models (RPMs) for prediction of onset of late-life depression (LLD) within 2 years. Readers will learn much from this article. First, the methodology of RPM development is complex, and the authors of the article explain well the need for such models from both clinical and policy standpoints as well as their approach to the creation of RPMs.
- Murri MB
- Cattelani L
- Chesani F
- et al.
Risk prediction models for depression in community-dwelling older adults.
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2022; 30: 949-960
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Risk prediction models for depression in community-dwelling older adults.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2022; 30: 949-960
- Subthreshold depression needs a prime time in old age psychiatry? A narrative review of current evidence.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2019; 15: 2763-2772
- Remote health coaching for interactive exercise with older adults in a home environment.Ann Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2015; 2015: 5485-5488
- Loneliness and social isolation among older adults in a community exercise program: a qualitative study.Aging Mental Health. 2019; 23: 736-742
- Prevalence of depression among older Americans: the Aging, Demographics and Memory Study.Int Psychogeriatr. 2009; 21: 879-888
- Hopelessness and other depressive symptoms in adults 70 years and older as predictors of all-cause mortality within 3 months after acute hospitalization: the Hospital-ADL study.Psychosom Med. 2019; 81: 477-485
- History of depression as a risk factor for dementia: an updated review.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2001; 35: 776-781
- Time for united action on depression: a Lancet – World Psychiatric Association Commission.Lancet. 2022; 399: 5-11
Published online: June 10, 2022
Accepted: June 8, 2022
Received: June 7, 2022
© 2022 American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.